Fence Design & Installation in Maryland, Northern Virginia & Washington, DC
At Botanical Decorators, fencing plays an important role in many of our landscaping projects throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Projects with a pool design, for instance, are required to have code-compliant fencing for security and safety. Homeowners with smaller yards often come to us for privacy fencing. No matter what type of fence design you’re considering, there are several components to think about.
Luckily, you don’t have to go about it on your own—our skilled landscape designers provide guidance every step of the way. Schedule your initial consult today!
Variables to Consider for Custom Fences
While every fencing project is unique, there are certain considerations everyone should make before beginning a new project.
- Purpose. Why are you building a fence? Your reasons for installing fencing will impact the materials you use and the complexity of the project. If you’re looking for more privacy in your yard, you might want to consider a tall, thick fencing structure. However, if you’re primarily concerned about aesthetics, our DC-area landscape designers may use certain materials and colors that complement your yard.
- Cost. Like many landscape projects, cost is a critical consideration you need to take into account prior to installing custom fencing. Establish your budget before you begin the fence installation process, and choose materials you enjoy and can afford. Our expert landscape designers can advise you on the best materials for your new custom fence that meet your needs and fit your budget.
- Maintenance. How much time do you have to devote to maintaining your fence? While a wooden fence may be the style you have in mind, wooden fencing requires a great deal of maintenance. Lower maintenance fencing alternatives include vinyl, bamboo, and steel. Before making any decisions, weigh your style desires against the maintenance requirements.
- Access. When designing your custom fence, think about where you want entry ways and how many entry ways you think you’ll need from a functionality standpoint. Our landscape designers can help you create entrances that are both functional and visually pleasing.
- Appearance. Last, but certainly not least, consider aesthetics. Our landscaping team can work with you to create a custom fence that compliments your home, whether it’s with custom colors, decorative posts, or ornamental doors. Depending on your needs, we will help you incorporate outdoor structures into the fence design, such as gardens, walls, or walkways, to enhance the overall style. Our designers will also ensure that your fence meets your HOA (Homeowners Association) guidelines, if applicable.
Fence Installation for MD, VA & DC Homes
At Botanical Decorators, we offer aluminum, iron, wood, and PVC custom fencing. We also offer electronic gates and driveway gates. Regardless of the fence style you’re considering, our landscape design team can help make your picture-perfect fence a reality. We will guide you through the entire fence design and installation process, ensuring the finished result suits your needs and your budget. At Botanical Decorators, we match you with one of our dedicated landscaping specialists who will work with you hand-in-hand to guarantee your satisfaction.
Whether you live in Great Falls, VA or Annapolis, MD, we can help you with all aspects of your landscape design project, including fence installation. Contact our design team to begin building the fence you’ve always wanted.