The best stone masonry work acts as a frame that helps showcase your landscape design—while also making a striking impression of its own.
At Botanical Decorators, we provide stone masonry services that bring beauty and functionality into harmony. Our landscape design team will create a design based on your vision, which our masons will then hand chip and chisel into reality.
Our Custom Stone Masonry Products
The stone masonry we design and create for your home will be a vital part of your landscape design, adding shape and delineation while creating a transition between your outdoor space and your living space. We can include custom walkways, walls, and other structures and features in your garden design or deck plan for visual appeal and to create pathways through your landscape.
At Botanical Decorators, we set high standards for our masonry work. Our masons excel at creating functional stone items like retaining walls as well as purely cosmetic creations with decorative detail. Materials we use in our masonry work include:
- Stucco – Stucco is a versatile material that can be molded to complement any landscape design style.
- Local quarry stone – Quarry stone makes an impressive statement. The Carter Rock from Potomac is a popular example.
- Ledge stone – Stacking ledge stone creates a stunning palette full of color and texture. We can use ledge stone for horizontal walkway designs and more.
- Building stone – Building stone creates unique, irregular structures with abundant visual interest.
Our masons use these materials to craft detailed outdoor structures that add dimension, character, and panache to residential landscapes throughout DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
Stone Masonry Structures for Landscape Design
We utilize stone masonry in a number of our landscape design services.
- Fire pits – Built with brick, stucco, or stone, fire pits create cozy, welcoming spaces for conversation, enjoying good food, and sharing good times with your family and favorite friends. And a fire pit lets you enjoy your outdoor space well into the cold months, adding more value to your landscape design!
- Fountains and other water features – The sound of water is one of the most soothing and pleasurable aural experiences. A fountain or other water feature in your outdoor space creates a tranquil atmosphere while providing a beautiful visual centerpiece.
- Outdoor kitchens and built-in grills – Maximize the use and enjoyment of your outdoor space with an outdoor kitchen or grill station. Typically framed with stonework, these stations can be as simple as a barbecue grill with an added workspace or as elaborate as a full kitchen with a refrigerator, warming drawers, sink, counter space, and other amenities.
- Paths and walkways – Stone paths and walkways not only add structure and order to your outdoor landscape, they bring aesthetic charm and visual interest as well. You can choose from a variety of materials to make your pathways distinctive.
- Walls – We can create walls that provide privacy, visual interest, or both. Botanical Decorators is well-versed in the zoning and height requirements of our entire service area. We build walls that make the most of your outdoor space.